Website Close Resource Management Ltd
Our client, an international engineering organisation based in Lichfield, is now looking to recruit an experienced NPI Engineer to join their growing team on an ongoing CONTRACT basis.
The successful candidate MUST have the ability to take a product through from the VERY START right through……the ability to direct the design team and drive the design forwards – very much a SOLUTIONS PERSON is required.
– A strong LEAN background, and a real depth to production experience is also required.
– An experienced Mechanical Engineer with AutoCAD experience and ability to Project Manage.
Main Objective of Role:
Development and integration of new production lines and technologies from product concept through to end of product life within agreed time-scales, cost and lead times, while meeting all the company and Department and Environmental Objectives.
To ensure component design and assembly concepts are compatible, whilst ensuring feasibility of design for manufacture.
1. Ensure product design is thoroughly reviewed, with regard to manufacturing feasibility, cost efficiency and quality.
2. To ensure adherence to key project need dates, and agreed departmental timing plans.
3. To accurately provide management information in report format on time as requested.
4. To accurately track project spend against agreed targets with respect to jigs and fixtures, test equipment and capital investment.
5. Ensure equipment and product packaging specifications are clearly defined and adhered to by suppliers while driving reduction in waste / environmental impacts
6. Ensure all appropriate in process controls are specified in a cost justified manner and implemented in production facilities to minimise operator error and engineer out process problems.
7. Support APQP function with Quality Planning documentation (PLR document) and ensure production lines are released in a robust manner.
8. Ensure production lines are correctly specified and set-up to deliver optimum efficiency and quality and are transferred satisfactorily to production personnel.
9. To support production departments as required ensuring daily / weekly OEE targets are achieved.
10. To ensure all 8D and problem reports activities are completed within specified time scales.
11. To co-ordinate the activities of all departments with respect to individual projects
12. To ensure full commitment and support for training, communications, health and safety (including IMS), housekeeping and personal discipline
13. To ensure status calculations are completed in time with business requirements
14. To suggest improvements to process to improve production efficiencies.